Monday, July 12, 2010

Perfect Morning

    It was a perfect morning, and I almost didn’t realize it.

    At 7:30 I awoke, well-rested and with no pain.  My muscles did not ache, nor were my joints stiff.  I even felt refreshed.

    By 8:30, I was writing my blog post for the morning.  And, as so often happens, I learned a little more as I wrote.

    By eleven, I had put in a fruitful hour of practice on my concert flute.  I worked on some tricky spots in the flute choir music, played through everything, and listened to my tone carefully.  Overall, I believe I am improving.

    Tackling the stack of papers on my desk and paying some bills was not high on the list of things I wanted to do, but, nevertheless, I felt a sense of accomplishment.

    Writing and music bring me ineffable joy.  Add to that the gift of feeling good and the satisfaction of getting some dreaded paperwork done, and it adds up to a perfect morning, courtesy of my Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment