Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fibro Flare

    I want to know why, even if there is nothing I can do about it.

    I tend to blame the weather, this string of foggy mornings and changeable barometric pressure.

    I also blame myself but am not sure for what:  my eating habits have not changed, nor have my daily activities.  I haven’t chopped wood or sat all day in the recliner. 

    I do know, however, that the fibromyalgia is the worthy recipient of all the blame, but I just don’t know the triggers.

    Since Tuesday afternoon, I’ve been in a flare of sorts:  the almost-migraine, the increased sensitivity to sudden sounds, the return of pain, the disappearance of motivation, and the general blah feeling.  Nothing serious—I’ve survived much worse than this.  But weeks upon weeks (or was it months?) of feeling good most the time lulled me into expecting to feel good all the time.

    The return of aches and pains reminds me not to take the good things of life for granted.  Some things are within my control; others are not.  On days like these, I need to pay attention to what my body is telling me but refuse to forget the blessings God has showered on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment