Thursday, July 22, 2010

In The Middle Of Beauty

  Even though the sky is overcast and the air cool and wet, I am struck again with the sheer wonder of it all.  I step out our front door to deliver some dirty laundry to the shop and look up into the gray sky.  The Northwest Pines point their crooked tops to the clouds. 

    If I continue down the driveway to Bakken Road, the water view is just steps away.  If I drive the ten miles south to Freeland, I can be walking on the tidal flats within the half hour.  If I drive the ten miles north to Coupeville, I can be enjoying the view from Ebey’s Landing. 

    All the “ifs” are wonderful possibilities that I experience most weeks.  But even on the days I do not leave my brother’s twenty acres, I am surrounded by beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment