Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Morning


            The newspaper and all its inserts unlock a running commentary.  A moment ago I was writing about berries.  Now I am distracted by ads for Sleep Comfort beds, Freeland headline news, and ice cream recipes.
            I could walk away, and sometimes I do retreat with laptop to my room.  But I need to put together some lunch soon, and Mom so enjoys having an audience for her reading.  We have successfully navigated the morning.  When I offered to choose her outfit for the day and set it out in the bathroom (time for a shower, hint, hint), she was grateful.  Then I helped her find her clean sheets in the linen closet so she could change her bed, which seems to be less complicated than deciding what to wear.  We also hunted up her nail scissors and came to the conclusion it is time to see the podiatrist again.
            This afternoon we will go on a drive, her favorite activity.  Since John is gone this weekend for a couple electric car shows, she is a little anxious.  Going to Langley and browsing in a shop or two should provide a welcome distraction.  Maybe we can even have coffee and a special sweet treat. 
            The newspaper commentary is slowing down, and it is time to make sandwiches.  I’ll get back to the berries later.

No comments:

Post a Comment