Friday, June 10, 2011

Humble Pie


            I’m glad I went.
            Turns out I had a lot to learn.  I want my heart and my thinking to line up with Christ.  Authenticity is very important to me.  When my heart or my opinions run counter to God’s Word, I want to be open to His correction. 
            So I went to listen.  I’ve already felt embarrassed by my noisy proclamation via blog about Amendment 10-A.  At least it was written from the heart, but I felt uneasy enough about it to delete it after a few days.  As I listened to our pastor lead last night’s discussion of fidelity and chastity, I heard my arguments gently but firmly countered.  I recognized the mark of truth spoken in love. 
            Toward the end, the word “conversation” became the opening for me to confess my change of heart.  I felt relief and the confirmation of the Spirit.  Eating humble pie really is not that bad, especially when it’s followed by a homemade brownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment