Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dream Cruise


            I hate it when I wake up before the cruise.

            We were all getting ready for the big event, and I’m not even sure who all of “we” were.  A number of things had to happen before we set off.

            The first requirement was a sleepless night at a slumber party of sorts.  There was some concern that one person at the party felt sick.  I was sitting on a couch packed with people, next to my son, who was maybe 8 or 10 years old.  He wanted to eat some of the yogurt.  The person sitting next to him pulled out the rest of the provisions nestled in the couch cushions.  There was an impressive array of single-serving yogurt brands and flavors to choose from, but not the flavor that Joseph wanted.

            Everyone joined in some sort of party game (line dancing, perhaps?), and things were going very well.

            This time, at least, we didn’t need to prepare the spaceship.

            I believe the cruise was going to be to Hawaii, but I woke up before that matter was settled.  It was kind of disappointing to miss out on my dream cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment