Monday, June 28, 2010

Nails

    Fingernails and toenails take a long time.

    On Friday I took the plunge and bought some pricey nail conditioner with the hope it will actually moisturize and strengthen my fragile nails as well as preserve my nail polish efforts.

    I am the type to occasionally slap on a layer of nail polish and call it good.  Saturday afternoon, though, I did it right:  one coat of Nutra Nail Total Nail Care, followed by two coats of Avon Speed Dry Nail Enamel, followed by another coat of the Nutra Nail stuff.  That was a lot of computer time, the only way I can handle waiting for each coat to dry.  Usually, I am too impatient and nick an edge of polish off at least one nail. 

    If this four-coat technique works, it will be a very long time before I change nail color.  I figure that four coats will be a chore to scrub off with that horrible-smelling nail polish remover.  If the color peels or rubs off like it usually does once I actually do anything, it will be back to the slap and dash method again.

    . . . Saturday's dinner preparation and kitchen clean-up resulted in one chip and one scratch, a little discouraging but not as bad as usual.  By Sunday evening, the top edges of pink had worn off despite my day of rest.  Oh, by the way, the chip and scratch and the wearing-off of color were on the fingernails.  I haven’t checked my toenails yet.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment