Friday, August 9, 2024

Today

Today I received my diagnosis: high-grade ductal carcinoma in situ. Let me translate.

High-grade means aggressive/fast growing. Ductal carcinoma means cancer that has formed in the milk ducts. In situ means within the ducts.

Dr. Moussa gave me the starting plan: first, OCSRI will call to set up an appointment for a whole-body PET scan asap to determine if the cancer has metastasized (in other words, spread). If I’m all clear, then the next step is a mastectomy.

I’m somewhat shaken by this definitive diagnosis but also relieved to be back in Dr. Moussa’s care.

The drive to and from Tulsa OCSRI was no problem. I spent it praying and singing and praising God. I needed that time.

And I’m looking forward to a week from today when I’ll be on my way to see my brother Bob and his family in Kentucky for the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment