Monday, July 4, 2016

Part Fourteen: I Did It!


            Waking up feeling close to normal this morning, I decide to do it:  leave the house after three and a half days at home. 
            But first, there is a bold new action to take:  downing my regular morning medications with breakfast instead of spreading them out throughout the day to spare my stomach.  That feels daring.
            It feels so good to drive my car, so I thank God all along the way.  The streets are rather deserted at 9:30 am this morning of July 4th.  I pull into the CVS pharmacy drive-through to find it does not open till ten.  No problem.  The more important stop is Food Pyramid.
            A front parking space opens up as I enter the lot, and I somewhat slowly and shakily walk on in the store.  I can tell my energy is limited, so I head straight for the produce and find the surprise bonanza:  Washington sweet cherries on sale, fresh blueberries, and ripe peaches.  The zucchini looks anemic compared to the three I ate yesterday, so I head to the health food section.  Jackpot!  $2 off stickers on some $2.49 single-size yogurt items.  Two Noosa strawberry and rhubarb yogurts and four coconut milk plain yogurts total $3.00 instead of $15.  I pick up some organic lemonade made with fruit juices and a couple loaves of sesame seed Ezekiel sprouted grains bread.    And then I am suddenly and completely done

            So I put off CVS until another day and drive home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment