Saturday, May 28, 2011

Clean Floors


            It’s amazing what a difference clean floors make.
            I am thinking about how good it felt to come home this week to clean floors and a clean bathroom.  Finally, I have hired someone to help me with housework.  She does a great job.
            I can sweep occasionally, but mopping and vacuuming are not worth the physical repercussions. 
            With amazement I watched what my daughter and son-in-law can do in a single morning.  A week ago today while Dana cleaned house and Shawn did yard work, I took my grandson Benjamin on a walk in his stroller.  The day before I sat on the floor with him while Dana scrubbed away at the toy chest she had picked up at a yard sale.  I spend a lot of floor time at their house, so I appreciate their clean floors, too.
            Back home on Whidbey, today I have worked at my computer, practiced my flute, done a load of laundry, tidied the kitchen, made lunch, taken a nap, gone on a short walk and then enjoyed a long talk with a friend, picked up a few groceries, and now am contemplating the leftovers I will throw together for dinner.  I’m bushed. 
            The minute I sat down to wax eloquently on the subject of clean floors, though, our elderly house cat made a deposit in the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment