Friday, April 1, 2011

No Foolin'


            No Foolin’:  It’s a great title.  Earlier this week I saw it used as an advertising slogan.  But I guess a clever title won’t compensate for an oxygen-starved brain.
            At least that is one theory about fibro fog:  that the haze is caused by poor oxygen uptake or delivery or whatever. 
            This morning I did manage a great flute practice.  It seems, though, with my hour-long concentrated effort (which I thoroughly enjoyed, metronome and all) I used up today’s supply of energy.  Or maybe it was oxygen.
            Since last night I have had scattered pre-migraine spells:  a funny tingling on my scalp and skin, a flash of light, a bitter taste, a head buzzing sensation.  I alternate between feeling fine and feeling lousy.  With any luck no migraine will materialize.
            So I guess it was a good move to reschedule Mom’s eye appointment in Burlington to another day.  I felt guilty about it at first because I’m not actually sick, just feeling like I’ve reached my physical and emotional limits.  A nice nap after lunch sounds good.  Then I really need to clean the bathroom.  Or at least walk down the driveway to get the mail.  And plan supper.
            Right now, though, I’m going to take a deep breath and throw together some lunch.
            No foolin’ . . . well, except for the bathroom.  It needs cleaning, but I’m not gonna do it today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment