Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What Mom Washes (November 6)


            The yellow plastic is about two inches wide and maybe twenty feet long.  I do not know its origin or its former use, but I do know that Mom wants to wash it.
            She soaked the rain gauge for days and finally found a bottle brush to clean out the end of it. 
            The dry pond was carefully swept before the autumn rains began.
            She cleaned out the kitty litter bucket out front with the hose and was determined to scrub the metal scooper, but I intercepted it before she started in on it with the kitchen pot scrubber.
            Meanwhile, I do well to keep the dishes and laundry going, clean the bathroom, and occasionally apply a vacuum, broom, or dust mop to the floor.
            My housekeeping will never pass the white glove test, but we have the cleanest rain gauge in town.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment