Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pain Referral

(written on August 24)
    One of the delightful things about fibromyalgia is the ability to feel like I’ve been working hard lifting heavy objects even when I’ve not lifted a finger.  Pain without effort.  It’s sorta like hangover-worthy headaches without the bother of drinking.

    Sometimes I can trace the muscle strain back to particularly strenuous activity:  unscrewing a tight lid, holding the phone to my ear, sleeping on one side too long.  But today I’m not tracing the pain path to any specific activity other than being alive.*

    Well, it’s nice to know I’m still here and that tomorrow is my monthly massage, which reminds my muscles to relax.  In the meantime, anyone out there who has done strenuous work today can refer their post-exertional pain to me since I’m experiencing it anyway.

*Since writing this, I picked up my purse.  There’s the culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment