Sunday, August 15, 2010

From Finish to Start

    The microwave died tonight.  Its last meal was Chinese leftovers from yesterday, and its final drink was Mom’s coffee.

    Mom couldn’t remember ice cream terms this afternoon.  She asked for ice cream covered with chocolate, which she normally calls “paddle pops,” and which I call ice cream bars.  We were out of that particular treat, so I suggested an ice cream sandwich or orange crème bar and showed them to her when she asked what an ice cream sandwich looked like.  She chose the orange crème, and I did, too.

    After church, Mary and I went out for lunch at Yummie’s Eats and Treats and had a grand time.  We browsed through a few shops downtown, too.

    During fellowship hour, I got to visit with quite a few people.  The old, stifling shyness seems to be lifting more.

    I was worship assistant for the second service today.  It’s both joy and privilege to serve in that way. 

    From finish to start, it’s been a lovely, though hot, Sunday.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment