Thursday, September 1, 2016

Part Thirty: 101.3 and it ain't no radio station


            Finally, after waking up every hour all night with body aches, at 4:45 a.m. I started to wonder if I had a fever.  I did:  101.3.  I took the Levaquin first and then called the triage nurse.  And then took a Tylenol #3 (I don’t have any of the regular stuff) and a muscle relaxant and went back to bed.
            This is day five with muscle spasms of the back and legs.  It started before my chemo on Friday and has not let up much since.  I move very carefully.  Sometimes all movement is excruciating, and sometimes it is not.  I can sit at the dining room table or at my computer.  Last night I figured out that with the heating pad I can sit in the recliner for a while.  I am not having fun.
            But late Wednesday morning I was able to bend enough to finish unloading the dishwasher and fill it back up with dirty dishes.  That was not necessarily a smart move because my back is starting to spasm again. 

            I do not understand what is going on.  Is this pain the fallout from degenerative disc disease or from chemotherapy?  What caused the high fever?  When am I going to feel better?  My world is shrinking again.  And tomorrow, Friday, is another chemo day.

1 comment: