Friday, November 15, 2013

Today


            Today I cruised around town for yard sales and came away with a plant stand and two flower pots for my front porch, two shirts, and a darling hand-painted telephone table.
            Today I saw Benjamin after he got home from his eye surgery and gave him some cuddles and sang him some songs.
            Today I put my Multnomah Falls poster in a frame.
            Today I watched Joelle for part of the afternoon so that both Dana and Shawn could nap while Benjamin did.
            Today I prayed for Hilary Welch Blount, her family, and her friends.  Hilary, a vivacious and talented woman of about 30, whom I never had the opportunity to meet, died of complications from an unexpected and severe bout of ulcerative colitis. 

            Today I have found myself humming and singing songs of worship and praise.  In life and in death, in blessings big and small, in the details of the everyday, in grief and in joy, God is worthy of our praise.  Why He gave me this quiet sense of worship today, I do not know.  But I am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment