Sunday, October 16, 2011

Simple and Rich


            The rest of my fatigue floated away as we played our flute music, and I’ve spent an entire afternoon feeling good.  The sense of well-being is so easy to take for granted until you lose it for a time.   
I didn’t take it for granted today, enjoying fellowship hour after the worship service and taking my time at the grocery store, glad to be able to do the week’s shopping without a problem.  Delighting in the autumn sunshine, I continued on to Freeland to pick up a prescription for my brother’s cougar, Eiger.  Seeing that the senior thrift store was open, I went in and browsed to my heart’s content.  My heart still singing, I came home, put away the groceries, took out some trash, brushed my calico cat Melody, and started a load of laundry. 
            That was quite a bit for one afternoon, so I’m relaxing in my recliner.  Mom and John will be home in about an hour from today’s electric car show on Mercer Island.  Pretty soon I’ll prepare our evening meal.   After we eat, John will go back over to his house.  Mom and I will watch the news and 60 Minutes.  She will wonder why she is so tired, and I will remind her she just spent a marvelous day at the car show with John. 
            My life is simple and rich, and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment