Monday, October 17, 2011

Food Stories



            At lunch, Mom spreads her slice of Western Hazelnut bread with the egg salad I prepared.  Seeing a deli container on the table, she decides to spread its contents on her bread, too.  This may be a history-making moment:  an egg salad and pistachio salad sandwich.  It certainly is colorful.
            Another day, at dinner, I serve the boxed brand of tomato soup we love so much along with celery sticks and cheese and garlic French bread.  Except for the soup, it looks like a finger food meal to me, so I only set out soup spoons.  Mom determinedly saws into her strip of cheesy bread with her spoon, refusing my offer of a knife and fork.
            The package of kitty treats disappears overnight. 
            Mom prefers half and half in her coffee and on her cereal.  I prefer French Vanilla creamer in my coffee.  I assume that the cat prefers neither.  This morning I discover the new creamer opened, missing more than a coffee cup would call for, and a bowlful of creamer on the bathroom floor for the cat, who evidently does not care for French Vanilla.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment