Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Post-Christmas Parody (I think Cathie would have laughed at this.)


The other day before I left for church, I started a bean soup blend in the crockpot.  With cumin as the main spice, the smell was heavenly when I returned some hours later.  It has been awhile since I’ve written a lyric parody of a familiar tune, but when the first line came to me, I just had to do the whole first verse:

It’s beginning to smell a lot like bean soup
All throughout the house;
Take a sniff in the bath and den or kitchen once again
With crockpot steam of cooking beans below.
It’s beginning to smell a lot like bean soup
Navy, black, and more
But the loveliest smell of all is the cornbread rising tall
Behind th’oven door.

            However, I must admit that there was no cornbread.


No comments:

Post a Comment