Thursday, April 2, 2015

Stray Phrases


            Stray phrases for writing have passed through my mind of late, all at times inconvenient to record them and see where they lead.
            Looking at my decrepit front yard yesterday and comparing it to the other lawns on my street, I was reminded of an old commercial, to which, of course, I had new lyrics.
            Here are the original lyrics:
            My dog is better than your dog / My dog is better than yours / My dog is better ‘cause he eats Kennel Ration / My dog is better than yours.
            It is entirely possible I have skewed the original lyrics, but for those of you old enough to remember this commercial, they should do.  Here are my new lyrics:
            Your yard is better than my yard / Your yard is better than mine / Your yard is better ‘cause you used fertilizer / Your yard is better than mine.
            I am trying my best to remember another fleeting idea that passed through my sleepy brain just before I got into bed last night, but unfortunately, since my brain cells were under the influence of Ambien at the time, they did not retain the phrase for me.  I even remember thinking I should write it down, but didn’t because I was so sure I would remember it.   

            My doctor tells me not to feel guilty about needing to take Ambien every night in order to sleep, but that does not keep me from getting groggy.  Perhaps what I thought was a clever idea really wasn’t.  At any rate, you are spared from reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment