Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Place for Everything


            I finally have found a place to store my sticky notes. 
            It seems that all my important information ends up on Post-It notes:  to-do lists, addresses and phone numbers I have not yet entered into my computer or phone, books to read, fascinating quotations from books I’ve read, memorable sayings by Mom, and potential titles or first lines for blogs that I have not quite gotten around to actually writing yet.  I used to keep a to-do list gadget on my home page, but it was too depressing:  simple items would sit there month after month as I assiduously avoided doing them.  Plus, the gadget had a habit of crashing when I would try to add a new item to the list.
            Thus, my computer desk became layered with sticky notes.  You could do an archaeological excavation (the older the note, the lower in the stack and closer to the back) to investigate my recent history.  I did, however, refrain from tacking the notes up on the computer screen.  And they did provide a nice shield between dust and my desk top.
            What, you ask, have I done with my sticky notes?  I stuck them in the top left-hand drawer of the desk that sits next to my computer desk—not to be confused with the antique desk that sits next to my front door.   It has only been a couple months since I acquired this seven-drawer desk (the one next to my computer).  Each drawer serves an inexact storage function, with the middle drawer being the catch-all for important small items (except for the sticky notes) that I actually use occasionally. 
            So now that I have a great spot for my sticky notes, I need to find a place for everything else that clutters my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment