Monday, January 2, 2012

Cat-you-pressure


            Fortunately, our pretty calico, Melody, is de-clawed:  otherwise, I’d be writing about the more painful subject of cat-you-puncture.
            Let me just say that I derive infinitely more benefit from monthly massages.  However, Melody is determined to put her paws to work on my behalf on a daily basis.
            Her specialty involves targeting a single knotted muscle for her treatments.  (Once, though, as she began to knead my arm, I was surprised that it did not hurt.  Quickly recognizing her error, she shifted her focused pressure over an inch or two.)  It appears that I possess enough knotted muscles to keep those skilled paws busy for a lifetime of interrupted naps.
            Of course, being the generous soul that she is, she does not limit her efforts to naptime.  Perhaps she is acquainted with monastic practices of medieval times and believes I need a little pain to accompany my meditation and Bible reading.  If she had claws, I could say she keeps me on the cutting edge of spiritual practice.
            Following her inner timetable for length of treatments, she consistently ends each session by lying down upon or near the affected area.  Her weight (ten pounds or so) and warmth can relax those worked-over muscles or simply put them to sleep.
           
           

No comments:

Post a Comment